Specialty 141 "Electric power engineering, electrical engineering and electromechanics"
EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM (SPECIALIZATION)"ELECTRIC MACHINES AND APPARATUSES"
According to this educational program, specialists are trained in the development and operation of electromechanical complexes for electricity generation systems (NPPs, TPPs, autonomous systems), as well as for electricity transmission and consumption systems in industrial enterprises, with the use of modern resource-saving technologies and the use of the latest diagnostic tools for electromechanical energy converters – electric generators and engines, as well as transformers and electrical apparatus for various purposes; development, production and operation of electrical machines and devices for general and special purposes; for scientific research, design and implementation of modern electromechanical and electromechanotron systems (micromachines, electromechanical means of automation, electromechanical systems for special and technological purposes, etc.).
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTROMECHANICS - one of the leading departments of the Faculty of Electric Power Engineering and Automation of the National Technical University of Ukraine "KPI" - provides training for bachelors, specialists and masters in the specialty "Electric power engineering, electrical engineering and electromechanics", specialization "Electric machines and apparatuses". The department has a continuous system of training highly qualified engineering and scientific personnel in the field of development and operation of electromechanical equipment and modern electromechanotron systems using electric machines, transformers, electrical apparatus and special means of automation, as well as for scientific research in the field of electromechanical energy converters, which for 100 years are and will be the main sources and consumers of electricity in the future. In the training of future specialists, starting with junior courses, the latest achievements in electromechanics are used, electrical engineering, semiconductor and microprocessor technology with a wide practical application of modern computer technologies.
Training is carried out in full-time form.
The department carries out continuous step training of technical specialists of the following educational stages: bachelors (term of study - 4 years) in the specialty - "Electric power engineering, electrical engineering and electromechanics"; masters (term of study - 6 years) in specialization - "Electric machines"
The peculiarity of education obtained at the Department of Electromechanics is its fundamentality and versatility, which creates preconditions for the application of its knowledge in different conditions of production - in large and small enterprises of various industries, in design and design organizations, research institutes and universities of Ukraine and many foreign countries, and also provides the possibility of rapid adaptation in accordance with the needs of the market, which is extremely important in modern conditions.
ONLY AT THE DEPARTMENT OF ELECTROMECHANICS:
- Fundamental system researches and new scientific directions in structural and genetic electromechanics have been launched. The foundation was laid and research was launched in the direction of creating the theory of evolution of electromechanical systems and the development of general taxonomy of electromechanical energy converters.
- The periodic classification of primary sources of the electromagnetic field was proposed, on the basis of which a number of scientific discoveries were made in recent years, which for the first time allowed to establish the principles of organization and patterns of evolution of structural diversity of electromechanical systems.
- New classes of electromechanical systems of technological purpose, which have no analogues, have been opened.
- The newest intelligent methodology for solving search innovative problems using evolutionary and genetic algorithms of directional search and generation of fundamentally new electromechanical objects was developed and implemented.
- There is a scientific seminar "Structural and system research in electromechanics", the work of which takes place in accordance with the plans of the NAS of Ukraine.
- A unique system-cognitive technology of education organization for students of electromechanical direction was developed and implemented, which allows solving problems of any level of complexity and is focused on the development of system vision, spatial thinking, associative memory and professional intuition of future specialists.
- When performing planned educational tasks only in the last two years, students of the specialty prepared 5 applications for their first patents and published 3 scientific papers.
- Every year the best student of the specialty has the opportunity to train at the Munich Technical University (Germany).
- Students of the 6th year of the specialty study the discipline "Fundamentals of the theory of electromechanical structures", which summarizes the latest results of fundamental researches of the department.
- The main criterion of the annual competition for the best student work of the year "Prestige Electromechanics" is the creative contribution and manifestation of the student's intellectual abilities. Over three years, almost 50 students took part in it; 20 best works were awarded.
- For the last 2 years of work, the scientific and pedagogical staff of the department received more than 20 patents!!! This is an impressive result that even some scientific organizations and design bureaus cannot boast!!!
- Only in our department there are as many as 5!!! innovative disciplines, which are based on the latest achievements and the most modern scientific achievements of specialists of the department and which are taught only to students of our department.
- At the department, creative approach is the basis of scientific work with students. Including:
- For 12 years, a competition has been held among student papers for the best course project, the best bachelor's work and the best thesis with monetary incentives for studying. Not every department can afford to hold such competitions. Usually such competitions can be held only at the level of faculties, institutes and universities.
- Thanks to the efforts of the staff of the Department of Electromechanics, students of our department almost annually win international Olympiads or take prizes on them.
- For the first time in the history of KPI in 2006 at the level of the department an exhibition of creativity was held, which presented the artistic works of employees and students of the department. The result was expected, and the success was impressive – 4 days the doors of the exhibition hall at our department were not closed – teachers from other departments and faculties removed their students from classes and led to show masterpieces of fine art. Such competitions can be held only at the level of institutes and universities.
- Our department is constantly expanding its ties with foreign universities. So in autumn 2011 the delegation of our department was in Gabrovo (Czech Republic) at an international conference in order to gain experience in the educational process from other universities. Students and graduates of our department have the opportunity to go to study abroad under the student exchange program: either to finish higher education or to receive a second higher education.
- Starting from junior courses, the latest achievements in genetic and structural electromechanics, electronic, semiconductor and microprocessor technology with a wide practical application of modern computer technologies are used in the training of future specialists.
- The department takes an active part in holding the annual international conference at the Faculty of Electric Power Engineering and Automation (FEA) and publishing the journal on the conference materials.
- The department is provided with modern laboratories of electromechanical profile:
1) 2 general laboratories of electric machines;
2) laboratory of micromachines;
3) laboratory for special course on electric machines;
4) laboratory of electrical devices and diagnostics of electric machines;
5) laboratory of reliability and certification of electric machines;
6) computer class;
- At our department, graduates of technical schools can study under the shortened program! and get a bachelor's degree not for 4 years, but for 3 years!
- Our department appreciates the traditions of succession in the preservation and development of scientific knowledge obtained by predecessors. Relatively recently, there was a meeting of graduates of the EM-1 group, who graduated from the Department of Electromechanics in 1949.
- The department constantly updates the equipment of laboratories, within the framework of diploma works students are involved in the creation of new educational stands.
- Our department cooperates with leading companies of electric power profile and sends the best students to their work.
- Graduates of the department work in research institutes and universities of Ukraine and many foreign countries, in design and research organizations and design bureaus, in large and small industrial enterprises of various industries (energy, electromechanics), as well as in the field of electricity supply and use.
Employment of graduates
Graduates of the department work in research institutes and universities of Ukraine and many foreign countries, in design and research organizations and design bureaus, in large and small industrial enterprises of various industries (energy, electromechanics), as well as in the field of electricity supply and use.
Additional information at
03056, Kyiv, ave. Peremohy, 37, NTUU "KPI", corp. No. 20, p. 138. Tel.: +38 (044) 454-95-18, 406-82-38